2012 came and went like a rocket! I’m excited though. A new year with untold mysteries is out there for us all. And while I welcome the new year and all that it holds for me, I’m refective of the past year too. I had a pretty good year! I experienced a lot of love, a lot of stress, and a lot of me. I’m happy for what I’ve learned and who I’ve learned from. I’m happy for the writing I did in 2012 too. I’m also happy for you readers out there. Thank you so much for being my audience. It’s wonderful to know you all are there. You all really make me feel like the poet I want to be.
Looking Back, 2012:
Here are a few of my favorite posts from 2012.
1. Juan Dimas – People’s actions toward you do not determine who you are or who you’ll become.
2. 110 inches nose to rear – You ever just see something that makes a killer line? Do you ever jot it down in the back of a notebook and add to it until it becomes somethin unto itself? All the pieces of this poem just came together all from one line, some writing on a tuck.
3. When I Was a Tree – I wonder what I was like before I was human, before I was a woman, before everything.
4. Fall Seduction – There is no denying the sensation of fall as it slowly rolls in. I’m so lucky to live in the mountains where the experience of fall is truly breath taking and a little bit sexy.
5. Morning Kiss – Just another morning drive to work but different. I couldn’t take my eyes off of the river and the fog. The movement played along like a story in my head and I couldn’t wait to write it down.
I hope you enjoyed these poems this year and many others posted on my blog. I can’t say it enough how thankful and happy I am for having you all as readers and my audience. I hope you all keep reading and continue to share your thoughts with me.
In 2013 I hope to continue writing and creating. I want to put more of what goes on in my head on paper and I can’t wait to share it with you.
Thanks and Happy New Year!